If you are creating your own videos and podcasts in-house, one or more people in your company will need to have the skills to present to camera, record a voiceover and conduct an interview. Once you have the technical skills to create your own videos and podcasts, you then need content. You need to know how to interview someone in order to get the best from them and how to present to camera or record a voiceover.
The purpose of this course:
This course covers all you need to know about developing a audio-visual narrative for your podcast or video. Learn the presentation, voiceover and interview techniques you need to create exciting, dynamic content that engages your viewers or listeners.
Who this course is for:
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to improve their on-camera or podcasting presentation skills.
Benefits for your organisation:
- Develop your in-house talent – people with professional presentation and interview skills are valuable to any organisation
- Use the full power of video and audio story-telling to engage your key audiences
- Develop staff with professional presentation skills that are as useful for podcasts as for public speeches and presentations.
Save time and money
- Hiring a presenter or voice-over artist is expensive. Just a few minutes of audio or video produced in-house will recoup the cost of this training course.
- Even if you still hire an external presenter or voice-over artist, you will have the knowledge and confidence to demand a better product and better value for money.
Professional development for individuals:
Using video and audio content on websites is going to be a standard element of the work of communications teams from now on. Presentation skills have always been important to marketing, PR and media relations professionals – even more so now that many companies are producing their own video and audio material in-house. The techniques you learn on this course will be useful in a wide range of situations – not simply presenting to camera or recording a voiceover. You can use the same techniques when delivering a speech, Powerpoint presentation, or pitching for business.
You will learn how to:
- Develop a narrative that works in sound and pictures
- Tell a story using interviews, voice-overs, sound-effects and music
- Use techniques that are used by all presenters and voice over artists
- Present in a way that generates confidence and trust amongst your audiences
- Use professional breathing and voice modulation techniques
- Conduct interviews that get the best from interviewees
- Use a variety of recording equipment and different microphone types
- The role of the presenter or voice-over in audio and video packages
- Developing a narrative and script that works on video and in podcasts
- Recording, interviewing and voiceover techniques
- Conducting interviews and getting the best from interviewees
- Professional voice modulation and breathing techniques
- Developing on-screen presence and performing in front of camera
- A brief guide to recording equipment and different microphone types
Duration: 1 day
Level: Beginners / Foundation